In the beautiful countryside of the Charente river valley, you can find us in a small hamlet 3 km from St Savinien and from Taillebourg.
Cynlyns The Stream in the Marsh
5 rue des Frênes, Chez Ferret
17350 St Savinien
When you program your GPS or” WAZE” just put in “Chez Ferret, 17350” Do not use the street name!!!
- Station in Saintes 20 minutes
- Station in St Jean d’Angély 20 minutes
- Station in St Savinien 5 minutes
- La Rochelle airport 1 hour,
- Bordeuax Merignac airport 1h30
When you program your GPS or” WAZE” just put in “Chez Ferret, 17350” Do not use the street name unless you have a brand new GPS!!! http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:45.8652,-0.64315 GPS : 45º51’55″N 0º38’37″W
SAINT SAVINIEN is our nearest big village.
- Coming from the north (Poitiers) : A10 highway exit n° 34 at St Jean d’Angély take the direction to the hospital then the D 18 direction St Savinien
- Coming from the south(Bordeaux) : A10 highway exit n° 35 at Saintes
- Coming from the east (Cognac) : Route de Cognac then the D124 going thru Burie and then past St Hilaire de Villefranche toward St Savinien (Chez Ferret will then be on your left side)
- Coming from the west (Rochefort) : Route de Tonnay-Boutonne direction St-Savinien then to the D124.
When you have arrived in SAINT SAVINIEN, you will need to follow the signs towards TAILLEBOURG and SAINTES. You will pass the Super U SUPERMARKET on your left when you are almost out of SAINT SAVINIEN. You are now on the D114 and about 1 mile out of town you will turn left on the D124 towards SAINT HILAIRE DE VILLEFRANCHE. In about 1 & 1/2 miles you will pass LA THIBAUDIERE and continuing down the road you will see a sign for CHEZ FERRET on your right. After the sign turn right onto a very small road which brings you inside the hamlet. Immediately after your turning into the hamlet you will turn left onto a hamlet circle road. Cynlyns will be in front of you, a white house with navy blue shutters and a palm tree. Passing under the “Chambres d’hôtes” sign, you have parking in our courtyard on the right side of the house, .
If you are arriving from BORDEAUX going north to SAINTES on the A10, you will get off the A 10 in Saintes and you will follow the signs to TAILLEBOURG and SAINT SAVINIEN. You continue thru Taillebourg and you will cross over a small bridge (over grass marshland) after which you will see a turning on your right for LES MACONS and BEL AIR. You will turn right and continue down this country lane for about 2 miles (and through a vineyard) After Les Macons you will cross a small bridge over a small river, which is the Bramerit. After the bridge you will see the sign on your right for CHEZ FERRET. You will turn right at the next small road. You have arrived! You will then see the house with the navy blue shutters and a palm tree out front just in front of you.
Please do not park your car in the space where there is a sign “Private Property” in front of the ruin. It is not our land!!!